Friday, January 18, 2008

To begin at the beginning...

It is simple. All it takes is to maneuver yourself to an unpredictable situation and proceed to the point of no return.

It is simple. I have, for the first time in my life, quit, and will soon be unemployed. Without any routine. Without a fixed amount of money (a lot more than I need) every month. I have given myself a year.

It is simple. Pack up, and roam the subcontinent, in an old fashioned adventure. Do odd jobs, learn a craft, exchange services (not money) as much as possible, connect at the roots, follow footsteps, sustain, dream and do.

In March or April I shall be leaving life as I have known it, within all the various layers of security, to go outside and see. I have several crazy ideas that I would like to try, and these pages will bear the burden of my doubts, exhilarations, satoris and horrors.

It is simple...This is life...not existance...not art...

5 comments:

AB Van Kenabi said...

we may meet someday!


just reserve a spicy anecdote for that occasion :D

Synchronicity Diva said...

I don't envy you, but I do wish to be like you :)

What follows is a beautiful life. Enjoy it!

I'm reminded of The Alchemist. Looks like you are soon going to find your treasure--expect the unexpected, or unexpect the expected?

Shiva said...

@AB - Anecdotes spicy...many will be...always...

@SD - :D. Not worried about treasures...;)

Shambu Nashipudi said...

Thank God...... I just know one of u'r genre, many would have made me insane ....

Nimitha said...

Wish you have enough light on your way..!
all the best